ExCel Exhibition Centre & Aloft Hotel
ExCeL is the largest permanent exhibition site in London, with a vast entrance podium that links up with the Aloft Hotel.
The overall terrace area exceeds 2,100m², all on one level.
Below the terrace are the car parks, with countless drain access points that require maintenance annually. The terrace required pedestals to accommodate a void of +/- 220mm, with circular adjustable spacer tabs to accept odd shaped pavers alongside linear pavers, however large enough to allow drainage for extreme weather conditions.
The Buzon BC series, with special rotating spacer tabs were used to achieve this. The total pedestals required exceeded 25,000 units.
- Project:ExCel Exhibition Centre & Aloft Hotel
- Location:London, UK
- Product:Supplied BC Buzon pedestals
- Architect:Jestico & Whiles
- Main Contractor:Sir Robert McAlpine
- Project status:Completed 2010